Amazon Banner

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Back to Co. Limerick. Those stone circles won't see themselves!

An updated version of this site can be found here.

June 26, 2000
Tonight, John (O'Donovan) offered to meet me in Croom and show me the way to my B&B in Grange. Then he took me to a poetry circle (a seisĂșn perhaps?). It was so cool, I wish I wasn't so exhausted! On the way to the pub, we stopped at the Grange stone circle. It's the most awe-inspiring circle that I've seen! I stopped and prayed here on my way home!
It was too large for one photograph, so here's three:






It's located about 2.5 miles north of Bruff. There's a car park just off the road.

I stayed at the Bridge House Farm run by Patricia Barry in Grange (near Bruff), Co. Limerick. I stayed in a single room with a sink, there is also a double room with a sink and a nice large family room with two twin beds and a double bed en suite. I had only had to pay £16.50. I still can't believe that 1500 O'Donovans showed up for the Gathering.

No comments:

Post a Comment