Amazon Banner

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Day 4 - Donovan Clan Gathering Ceili

An updated version of this site can be found here


June 24, 2000
I finally got my luggage yesterday, and just in time. It was cool last night and cooler this morning. The lectures yesterday were great, especially the one on O'Donovan Rossa by Con O'Callaghan. They moved up the walking tour of Clonakilty though so we ended up missing it. The ceili was fun though. I met two sisters, Katie and Maggie Donovan from New York, who had spent the last two weeks working on one of the organic farms. They said it was cool.

This picture is a group of us at O'Donovan's Hotel in Clonakilty during the ceili. The Hotel is probably best known for Michael Collins giving speeches from one of the upper windows.
We got home at 12:30 and I woke up at 5:30. But I got my run in with lots of time before breakfast, so that's good. I did a loop around Rosscarbery. As I went up the hill out of the village I couldn't believe how gorgeous it looked. I ended up returning through the same area I was overlooking.
I'm excited about the Archaeology Tour that happens this morning!

I tried to send an email last night from the pub, but I don't think it worked. =(



No comments:

Post a Comment